This week, Bella Tunno was able to participate in The Red CARpet Safety Event sponsored by Ali Landry, Safe Kids Worldwide and Britax. In honor of this event and National Child Passenger Safety Week we wanted to share some safety tips to help promote Child Safety.
Landry, mother of two children ages 11 months and 5, because a certified child passenger safety technician when she learned that 75% of all car seats are used incorrectly.
The ultimate job of a car seat is to minimize injury to your child during a crash. Injury can be cause by:
• Intruding objects making contact with your child
• Your child hitting something in the vehicle
• Your child’s body coming to a sudden halt
To prevent the above injuries, follow these best practices provided by our friend at Britax USA:
1. Make sure your child is secured in the back seat of your vehicle
2. Make sure to read user manuals for cars and car seats to be aware of any specific requirements
3. Install your car seat either using the LATCH or the vehicle seat belt (but do not use both)
4. The harness straps should be threaded through the slots at or below the child’s shoulders on a rear-facing car seat or at or above the child’s shoulders in a forward-facing car seat
5. Be sure that the harness strap is comfortable but tight enough so that the straps cannot be pinched between your fingers.
6. Planning to fly? Be sure to check your car seat before leaving for the airport
7. Register your car seat with the manufacturer in the event that there is a recall or safety notice, you’ll be the first to know!
For more information, videos and FAQs on child seat safety, visit www.britaxusa.com .
- The Bella Bunch